It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.
Individual Genetics and Your Health
DNA (or “deoxyribonucleic acid”) is the genetic instruction manual in humans and almost all other organisms. Everything that makes you who you are is determined in part by your unique DNA code. Sometimes our DNA can protect us from certain health problems while other times our unique genetic codes can predispose us to them.
Imagine being able to focus your disease prevention and treatment efforts on your unique genetic risk factors. Imagine sharing this valuable information with your family and the positive impact this information will have on their health
All of this can be possible and the first step is genetic evaluation.
Is Provenance for You?
If you fall into any of these categories, you should consider scheduling an appointment for a genetic evaluation:
- You or someone in your family has been diagnosed with cancer, especially if it was rare or occurred at a young age
- You have concerns that you could be at risk for a condition in your family
- You have a close family member who has been diagnosed with a hereditary condition
- You have multiple family members with the same medical condition or cancer
- You have limited family history knowledge and wish to use genetics to determine information about your disease risk
- You want to use genetic testing to help your doctors prescribe certain medications
- You are planning for a pregnancy
- You simply want to explore your DNA!
When you are aware of your genetic risk for an inherited disease, we can work with you and your doctors to develop preventative care strategies and testing to aid in early detection and treatment.